Friday 24 April 2009

Embossing


Forgot I have two other layouts from the retreat to post. Todays one involves heat embossing acetate. Wehad an array of stamps to choose from and with a Versamark ink pad we stamped the image onto the acetate and the with different colour embossing powders heat set the mbossing powder with a heat gun. Then we could either leave them with a clear background or colour the backs. You can use embossing powders again or paint, pens etc whatever sticks to acetate. Fun class and great to mess about with a technique rather than concentrate on a layout. That said I am a huge Cosmo Cricket fan anyhow so I was always going to love this page. I also chanced my luck and embossed on the photograph....yikes!! it does work but you have to be careful to not hold the heat gun to close or it will damage the photo and if I did it again I would wipe my photo with an anti-static pad before I stamped and embossed. They are great little pads of powder, almost like talc, that clean the surface of your photo or card and dry any marks left by your fingers so the powder does not stick to where it is not supposed to be. If I look close I can see some specks of powder but I can live with it on this page...lol. Title has been done with American Craft chipboard thickers and the bling is from a pack of Prima flourishes. Everything we used should still be available from Mel and Jill at A trip down memory lane web site here The embossing powders we used were the new American craft Zing powder...fab colours with a pearl lustre!
Have a great weekend, hopefully the weather will hold!!

No comments: