Thursday 19 April 2012

A Cause to Celebrate



I have been a bit quiet as getting ready to move had taken up lots of my time, but we are still in limbo as to when exactly we are going to move so I decided to get productive with some scrapping. I dont have a craft room anymore as its full of boxes, so I moved onto the dining room table. Yet to be packed, is my infamous crate of bags of cardstock etc that has to be finished. 90% of it is left overs from other kits that I have done but I could not bring myself to throw away....that might explain why I have some much stuff !! Then theres a few bags of papers etc with some photos in them that I had thought would work well. Todays layout is one of those.....papers I brought last year and never got around to scrapping.


I love this colour combo, bright green, turquoise and black, very fresh and clean looking.Great for a "not afraid of the white space" style of layout. This photo of Emma on her 21st is one I had not gotten around to scrapping and to be honest the colour photo was not great. So a little play on Picasa and I turned it into black and white and added a few new features that are on there and I was really pleased with the result.....so was she which is good !!

All the cardstock is Glitz Hoopla, the corner die is Marianne and the border is a beautiful die from Memory Box called Meridan. I cut the cake out of one of the papers and added some pearls. The alphabet for the title is from Prima. The white roses on ribbon were from my stash but are readily available from most shops.

I will be back with another layout I made with the "left overs" from these papers...my promise is to now finish off using everything in the bags and not put them back in the crate....not sure how long that will last..lol!






No comments: