Tuesday 2 April 2013

Totalpapercrafts March Kit 2


From this week I am now running the Totalpapercrafts club for Karen as she is moving. This is the first kit we are doing, the kit includes a sheet of cardstock, 4 double sided patterned cardstock, some ribbon and a bottle of Maya Mist. The paper range we are using is Prima Lyric and this kit design is for a single layout. Suitable for many themes of photos, I went with a photo of my son and my daughter-in-law on their honeymoon in Bali. Photo size is a 6" x 4" landscape and mine has a white border.

 
 
My resolution for a while now is to not put away in a crate, bags of left-overs from previous kits with the promise to myself that I will do something with it another day.....does not happen and hence why I have a crate full of leftovers. So if I think theres enough to get another page out of a kit I will post on here what I have done.
 
 
All I have added is an extra sheet of white 12x12 and the use of a Tim Holtz Floral Garland Sizzix die, its one of the long strip ones. For the leaves I used a Martha Stewart Branch punch.
 
 
To do the doily effect I had some die cut Cheery Lynn doilys from a die I borrowed from a friend and I just sprayed the back with some Crafters Companion stick and spray and positioned the doily on a piece of card I had left over. Gently spritz with the spray in the kit and I repeated again in the other corner. I love the result and if you dont have any doily dies then you could use a paper doily that are easily available now in craft shops and are very inexpensive. I literally have a few odd tiny scraps left...very satisfying..lol!!
 
If you are interested in receiving Karen kits or attending club nights please get in touch
 
I have just completed another Totalpapercrafts kit from March which I will post tomorrow....using my absolute favourite range at the moment Prima Engraver.
 

No comments: